Monday, October 1, 2012

The Lord Is Our Refuge

I love you fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. I will call upon t- PSALM 18:1

A rock is a type of a sure foundation. When the waters of trial threaten to rise up and overwhelm us, we need to do as David did and climb up on the rock that is higher than we are. David also called the Lord his fortress. A fortress is a castle, a fort, a defense, a place into which we go when we are being hunted or attacked. It is not a hiding place in which our enemy cannot find us. It is a place of protection in which we can see and but cannot be reached because we are safe in God’s protection. David also called the Lord his high tower- another lofty and inaccessible place- and his Shield and Buckler- which are part of the protective armor that surrounds the believer( EPHESIANS 6:10-17). God is not just above us and around us, he is even underneath us, because the psalmist tell us; the Lord upholds the [consistently] righteous (PSALM 37:17). God is holding us up by his powerful right and is surrounding us as the mountains surround the holy city of Jerusalem. The devil is against us; but God is for us, and over us, and with us, and in us. Because He cares for us, He watches over us and keeps us so we can find rest and peace under the shadow of his wings as we cast all our care up on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment